The SupaNova HSi, short for HeatSink integrated is the second generation of the SupaNova product line. The frist generation SN-490i were designed and build with cosmetic as its driving force. The new SN-HSi came into existence with bruth power as its driving force.
To get the HSi to perform the way it was intended and with the life span we wanted - outlive the physical motorcycle. We had to build an internal metal heat sink, and moved all its power electronics outside the actual LED housing. The unit has a potential of having to dissipate 140 watts on its LEDs.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
LEDs are current devices; Not voltage. Thus they should be treated as such. We designed the proper circuit utilizing a true modulating current source to drive our LEDs to their fullest potential while staying well within their electrical specs. This allows each LED to disperse the highest photon count possible while maintaining a higher life span and low MTBF. That is why we offer a limited 2 years warrant on the SupaNova. The product is available in two basic configurations. Integrated and none-integrated.
- Professionally engineered
- Simple Plug-&-Ride installation cleans up excess wires after install
- Lab Grade 20(red) + 8(Amber/Yellow) Ultra bright AlInGaP chip LEDs. 5Watts each.
- 100% Surface-Mount-Technology maximizes LED footprint density
- Ultra-wide spatial distribution light pattern (135deg +/- 10deg)
- Integrated turn signals
- CNC AL Heatsink and cooling fans(fans only on earlier samples. later models has active heat management)
- External constant current source to help keep heat out of main LED housing
- Integrated internal load resistors to mimic the stock 10W turn indicator bulbs thus stock flash rate
- Integrated down facing white LEDs for license plate illumination
- Rubber mount isolation from vibration and shock tested
- Integrated SupaBrake modulator
- Wide selection of colored lens. (Clear, Smoked, Red and lightly tinted Blue or Yellow)
- Opto-Isolated from vehicle's electrical systems
- Powered by a true current source
- PWM driven maximizes luminous intensity
- Powerful micro-controller
- Software with "watch-dog"